TAG Victory Christian Centre Tabernacle (VCCT) is seeking a talented, skilled, and dedicated individual to join our team as a Part-time Church Sound Engineer. The Sound Engineer will be responsible for ensuring high-quality audio production during worship services, events, and other church activities. This part-time role requires technical expertise in audio equipment, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with the worship team and technical staff.
Position: Part-time Church Sound Engineer
Church Name: TAG Victory Christian Centre Tabernacle (VCCT)
Job Summary: As a Part-time Church Sound Engineer, you will play a crucial role in enhancing worship experiences through exceptional audio quality. You will operate and maintain the church’s sound system, set up audio systems for various events, conduct sound checks, and ensure balanced sound levels during services. Your technical expertise and passion for sound engineering will contribute to creating immersive worship experiences for our congregation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain the church’s sound system, including audio consoles, microphones, speakers, and related equipment.
- Set up and troubleshoot audio systems for worship services, rehearsals, and events, ensuring optimal sound quality and functionality.
- Coordinate with the worship team to understand their audio needs and provide support during rehearsals and performances.
- Conduct sound checks and make necessary adjustments to ensure balanced sound levels and clarity for music, vocals, and spoken word.
- Monitor and mix live audio during services, adjusting levels, effects, and EQ settings as needed.
- Assist with the recording and editing of audio files for archiving, distribution, or online streaming purposes.
- Collaborate with the technical team to integrate audio with visual elements, such as video presentations and multimedia displays.
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in audio technology, making recommendations for equipment upgrades or improvements.
- Maintain an organized inventory of audio equipment, ensuring proper storage, maintenance, and repairs.
- Train and supervise volunteers or staff members involved in audio production, providing guidance and support.
- Must be a registered member of VCCT, wholeheartedly embracing the church’s vision and values.
- Demonstrated experience in operating and maintaining audio equipment, preferably in a church or live event setting.
- Proficient digital and analog audio systems knowledge, including mixing consoles, signal processing, amplification, and speakers.
- Familiarity with audio recording and editing software, such as Pro Tools or Adobe Audition.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues quickly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with worship team members and technical staff.
- Keen ear for sound quality and attention to detail in achieving optimal audio balance.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances during live events.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as church events and services require.
Application Process: To apply for the Part-time Church Sound Engineer position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, kindly indicate your connection to VCCT and briefly describe your experience working with audio equipment. During the interview, you may also provide relevant audio samples or a portfolio. The deadline for applications is 15th August 2023.
Note: As a registered VCCT church member, the successful applicant will be required to comply with the church’s code of conduct and uphold the values and principles of the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.