TAG – Victory Christian Center Tabernacle church Mbezi Beach A is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable and punctual Driver who will be responsible for driving and maintaining the VCCT vehicles in accordance with VCCT regulations and policies in order to support church office daily activities.
- Must be a good born-again Christian with high integrity and good conduct track record
- Establish and foster good relationships with church staff, volunteers, and members.
- Model VCCT’s vision for discipleship through growing in faith, strengthening relationships with others, and serving the community.
- Attend all church-wide special events, meetings as needed, and worship services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by project teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- To ensure that the vehicle has a valid insurance cover, other license, and log books permitting it to be on the road at all times.
- To monitor fuel refills at gas stations and ensure proper records are made for fuel card deductions by the gas station staff.
- To immediately report any accidents and damages to the vehicles however minor to the line manager.
- To keep an accurate record of all vehicle equipment that may be within the vehicle.
- To perform general and regular daily checks on the vehicle to ensure the vehicle is in proper mechanical and body condition, thus road worthy and safe.
- To ensure that all emergency equipment such as a car jack, spare tyre, wheel spanner, first aid box and jumper cables are available in the car.
- To thoroughly inspect cars before long journeys to ensure the car is fit for the journey.
- To observe due dates for servicing the vehicles and maintain the cleanliness and general appearance of the car.
- To adhere to the guiding principles spelt out in the code of conduct for drivers for VCCT. Qualifications, Skills and Experience.
- The applicant for the role should have a minimum of an ‘O’ Level Secondary Education Certificate.
- The applicant must have a valid driving license
- The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years working experience.
- Ability to drive in a safe manner according to local and international standard, knowledge of defense driving, basic traffic signs and regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and fix simple mechanical problems and report major mechanical problems.
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Dar es Salaam and Tanzania at large.
How to Apply:
All cover letters and resumes should be submitted to email@example.com before 31st July 2022. All successful applicants will be contacted by 2nd August 2022 for Interviews.