Position – 1 Year Renewable Contract
Report to – Project Chairman
Salary – Competitive
TAG – Victory Christian Center Tabernacle church Mbezi Beach A is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable and a punctual accounts officer to manage the sanctuary construction project account. TAG-VCCT is about to commence a Tzs 5.5 billion sanctuary construction project, the project will require a full-time active project accounts officer to take care of the day-to-day accounting of the project. The project accounts officer will be an active member of the VCCT staff team, reporting technically to the finance manager and administrative to the sanctuary project chairman/finance committee.
- Must be a good born again Christian with high integrity and good conduct track record
- Establish and foster good relationships with church staff, volunteers, and members.
- Model VCCT’s vision for discipleship through growing in faith, strengthening relationships with others, and serving the community.
- Attend all church-wide special events, meetings as needed, and worship services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by project teams
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing weekly bank reconciliation
- Preparing weekly income and expenditure reports
- Assist the project budget preparations
- Assisting finance manager in controlling project budgets
- Maintaining and filing all project finance documentation
- Preparing weekly expenditure request
- Project materials inventory control/Store management. Inventory receiving and controlling issuing
- Sanctuary project pledges management. Issuing receipts, sending monthly statement to members with pledges, sending reminders to the members who committed
- Facilitate the procurement process of materials
- Cost controlling
- Actively participate in project meeting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related fields (Accounts, Finance, and business administration)
- Knowledge of quick books is added advantage.
- Proven spreadsheet (Excel), typing, word-processing, and PC ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Team worker
- Ability to work on tight schedules
- Fluency in English with reasonable written and oral communications skills
- Experience with church finances management will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
All cover letters and resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th June 2022. All successful applicants will be contacted by 2nd July 2022.