Position – 1 Year Renewable Contract
Reports to – Production & Operations Manager
TAG – Victory Christian Center Tabernacle church Mbezi Beach A is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, punctual, creative and detail oriented sound & lights engineer to manage recording, mixing, and editing music, audio and lights during worship services and special events. The sound & Lights engineer /technician will set-up, trouble shoot, and operate sound and lights equipment in worship, recordings, and post-productions to ensure optimal sound and light quality in the house, on our live broadcast and in recordings. Also, the sound and light engineer/technician will be responsible for training other members of the media team in the essentials for operating equipment, mixing sound and operating lights during worship. The sound and lights engineer will be an active member of our media team reporting to Production & Operations Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Must be a good born again Christian with high integrity and good conduct track record
- Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with church staff, volunteers, and members.
- Model VCCT vision for discipleship through growing in faith, strengthening relationships with others, and serving the community.
- Attend all church-wide special events, meetings as needed, and worship services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Production & Operations Manager
SOUND & LIGHTS/TRAINING
- Mix sound during our Sunday worship services and special services/events as needed.
- Mix sound during technical rehearsals with worship and media team.
- Operate Intelligent light system during Sunday worship services and special services/events as needed
- Perform sound checks to troubleshoot any equipment, lights or audio issues prior to worship and Refresh.
- Perform post-production sound edits for recordings (video and audio)
- Ensure optimal sound on recorded footage and Lights quality mixing
- Train volunteers in operating sound equipment, effective mixing and lights mixing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Formal live sound and lights training and a minimum of 2 years of continuous professional Sound Engineering and intelligent lights operation experience. Applicants that demonstrate necessary gifting will also be considered.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a Midas Pro2 Soundboard.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a DMX lights controller with 512 channels
- Experience serving in a church or worship setting is preferred.
- Solid understanding of industry standard practices and techniques.
- Live sound engineering and intelligent lights operation of large venues consisting of at least 40 sound channels and 512 lights channels
- Fluent with both analog and digital consoles.
- Experience mixing different genres of music, including gospel.
- Experience mixing different intelligent light modules and technics relevant for church set up
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attentiveness and detail oriented.
- Leadership skills for directing team of volunteers.
- Commitment and ability to work and contribute to overall staff in team-based environment.
- SALARY – Competitive
HOW TO APPLY
All cover letters and resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st July 2021